20 Communication Disability Projects (Analysis or Writing Up!) 2015-16
Tweet Reach: Twitter for people with communication disability project
Hemsley, B1., (with Palmer, S2., Dann, S3., & Balandin, S2.)
1DECRA The University of Newcastle, Australian Research Council Discovery Early Career Researcher Award (Mar 2014-Mar 2017)
Advisors 2Deakin University, 3Australian National University
- Twitter data paper (UON) published.
- Traumatic brain injury and social media review (UON) published (Brunner PhD).
- Brunner PhD on Traumatic Brain Injury and Twitter (Supervision – ANU, UON, USYD, Deakin).
- Twitter training study (UON) in treatment phase, single case multiple baselines design.
- Twitter and Motor Neuron Disease / ALS
Transitions of Young Adults from Child to Adult Health Services – Personally Controlled Electronic Health Records: My Health Record (NHMRC funded 2013-2017)
CIs: Hemsley, B1., Balandin, S2., Georgiou, A3., Hill, S4.
1The University of Newcastle, 2Deakin University, 3Macquarie University, 4Uni, La Trobe University
- Research review: Health literacy models and eHealth records (UON)
- Research review: Health literacy demands of eHealth Records (La Trobe)
- Research review: Gender and eHealth Records (UWS)
- Research review: Supported accommodation and documents (Macquarie)
- Focus group data analysis (in preparation).
- Individual interviews data collection on My Health Record (recruitment, collection).
Keeping People with Communication Disability Safe in Hospital (NHMRC Project funded 2013-2017). (lead in brackets)
CIs: Hemsley, B1., Georgiou, A2., Hill, S3., Balandin, S4.
1The University of Newcastle, 2Macquarie University, 3La Trobe University, 4Deakin University
- Research review: communication disability in hospital (UON) published
- Research review: communication and safety in hospital (UON) published
- Data paper: Oral health (UON) published
- Data paper: Mobile technology (UON) published
- Research review: choking on food (UON) (writing stage)
- Research review: emergency retrievals and patient safety (UON) (analysis stage)
- Research review: early discharge and early re-admission to hospital (Deakin) (analysis stage)
- Write up results: Choking Case study; Multiple adverse events Case study; Falls; Call bell hell; Safety and Resilience; Safety and ward culture; 10 patients with communication disabilities and matched data/culture
- ‘Medical record forms’ and patient communication, analysis study
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any information about these studies, and watch our progress on this blog!
Leave a Reply